Applying for Veterans Care is easy.
- You may download and complete the Veterans Care application from this Web site.
- Go to your nearest IL Dept of Veterans Affairs office or service center. To locate the nearest Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs office call 877-483-8779 if calling from within Illinois; or TTY 877-204-1012.
- Take along the following items if you have them:
- your military discharge (DD-214)
- a photo ID
- proof of your income for the last 30 days
- if you are married, proof of your spouse’s income for the last 30 days
If you don’t have any of these, don’t wait to apply – we can get them later.
- Answer a few simple questions at the Veterans Affairs service center to see if you might qualify for another Illinois Healthcare program.
- Sign the Veterans Care application.
That’s it. We will process your application within 45 days. We will contact you by mail if we need anything else to process your application.